We've been enjoying lots of STEM challenges so far this year.
We've built towers, created Scratch animations of our names, worked on strategy games like Draughts and Chess, developed spacial awareness and problem solving using tangrams and played lots of games to reinforce all the mathematical concepts we have been learning in maths. We have particularly enjoyed the alien angles game online. Play some of the games here:
- Tangrams Game: http://www.tangramgames.co.uk/tangramgameA/index.htm
- Learn Chess: http://www.kidchess.com/play-chess/monster-chess/
- Alien Angles: https://www.mathplayground.com/alienangles.html
- Shape Game: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?b=maths/shapes
- Shape Sort: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/83/sort_shapes_venn