Use this morning warm up Go Noodle - Good energy flow to get those minds and bodies moving!
On Tuesday and Thursday morning we engage in a few minutes of mindfulness, where we focus on breathing and stretching.
Enjoy all the colours with Rainbow of confidence
We are continuing to explore the theme of television this week. Please watch the lesson Ag feachaint ar scannán.
Follow the link to access the Luascartaí. Practice the vocabulary by clicking the flashcard and displaying the picture.
- Students should repeat each term as it is introduced.
- Students and parents should assign a simple action to each word.
- Play the matching game by clicking the 'match' icon in the left hand column
Complete the following physical counting exercises. The students must count out loud as they move.
- 15 jumping jacks
- Skipping on the spot for 10
- 4 hula hoops in one direction and 4 hula hoops in the other (hip circles)
- Hoping on your right foot for 8
- Hoping on your left foot for 8
- 5 frog jumps
- Crouch down on your hunkers and count backwards from 10 to 1 and jump up at *BLAST OFF*
Junior infants worksheet:
1. Find the third 'Write' maths 2. Count and record the number of items
worksheet. in each set.
Colour the pictures.
Senior infants worksheet:
1. Find the 'Count' maths worksheet. 2. Count and record the number of items
in each set.
Colour the pictures.
FRUIT BREAK - Grab some fruit and take a break.
We are revising the /ch/, /sh/ and /th/ sounds all this week.
Watch /ch/ and /sh/ battle it out in the Alphablocks games. Who will win?!
Junior infants worksheet :
1. Find the revision handwriting worksheet. 2. An adult should write at least one word
Ask your child to trace each of the three for each of the three sounds on the back
sounds using their finger and in the of the sheet for the student to copy.
air using "magic ink".
Then trace the letters using a pencil.
Please watch yesterday's phonic lesson.
Pause the video at various points to seek answers or a response from your child. Each student should practice reading the /a_e/ words in the video.
Senior infants worksheet :
1. Find the /o_e/ matching worksheet. 2. Read each word aloud and colour the
Remember magic e gives all its power to
to make the vowel say its name. He is then
too weak to say anything so he becomes silent.
- Teach new 'Little' and 'Down'
- Revise all the blue tricky words so far by playing a game of 'Go fish'.
- Practice your second set of tricky word balls.
- Begin reading The Dragon Balloon and revise it until Wednesday.
- Junior infants should read a minimum of three pages per day.
Senior infants group 1:
- Begin reading your first reader Paris Adventure and revise it throughout the week.
- Senior infants should read a minimum of five pages per day.
Senior infants group 2:
- Begin reading your first reader The Scarf and revise it until Wednesday
- Senior infants should read a minimum of five pages per day
LUNCH - Eat some lunch and exercise outside.
Rhyme Time (Work pack B)
Rhyming words have the same end or final sound. Emphasise the end sound of each word as you read it e.g. bAT, pEG, sAT.
Practise this skill using the Rhyming pairs game
1. Find the fifth rhyming worksheet in 2. If you have small scissors you can assist
work pack B. your child with cutting out the pictures
Otherwise you can cut the table out for
3. Match the pictures into rhyming pairs.
Secure each using glue, sellotape or
Thank you to those who have already shared feedback with me about learning from home.
Please provide feedback on today's learning. Daily Parent Feedback
Parents and guardians can take pictures of the children's work and forward them to the School email address . I will correct any work and provide feedback via the Aladdin App noticeboard.