Get grooving with this morning warm up GoNoodle - Saved by the bell
On Tuesday and Thursday morning we engage in a few minutes of mindfulness, where we focus on breathing and stretching.
Try some of this yoga adventure Betsy the banana
Revise the vocabulary for Éadaí salacha.
Follow the link to access the Luascartaí. Practice the vocabulary by clicking the flashcard and displaying the picture.
Listen to and practise our poem Seo í an fhuinneog
Identify the next shape in the pattern using SP train.
Ask your child
- What is the pattern? e.g. blue square, yellow triangle, blue square, yellow triangle.
- What shape/colour comes next?
- What shape is missing in this pattern?
Junior infants worksheet:
1. Use coloured pencils or crayons to
create two or three coloured patterns.
Ask your child to describe the pattern to
you using both shape and colour e.g. blue
triangle, green circle, blue triangle, green
Senior infants group 1 and group 2 worksheet
1. Find the 'Counting' worksheet. 2. Encourage your child to articulate
Record each number using a their patterns e.g. 6 looks like three
different pattern of dots. dots on the top row and three dots
on the bottom row.
Fruit break - Have some fruit and take a break
Please revise yesterday's phonic lesson
Pause the video at various points to seek answers or a response from your child. Each student should practice reading the /ee/ words in the video.
Listen to the jolly phonics song for 'ee' at 6:43
Build /ee/ words using Forest phonics. Junior infants will need help from an adult and Senior infants should aim to play independently.
Junior infants worksheet :
Make a list of three to four /ee/ words and help your child to spell each or allow them to copy your writing. Draw a picture for each word.
Senior infants have been split into group 1 and group 2 and have received different worksheets as a result.
Senior infants worksheet group 1:
1. Read the story of Charlee and the bee 2. Summarise the story into a beginning, middle
again. and end.
Write one or two sentences for each.
3. Build the /ee/ words. Cross each 4. Read the /ee/ words and colour the
word out when you use it. pictures.
Senior infants group 2:
1. Find the /ee/ sentence writing template 2. Revise the /ee/ words from your worksheet
in work pack B.
3. Put each /ee/ word into a short sentence.
Junior infants : Teach new 'So' and 'My'
Revise all the pink tricky words so far by playing 'Go fish'.
Each player should be dealt five cards and the students should aim to collect the most pairs
Senior infants :
Revise all your tricky word balls.
- Begin reading your second reader and revise it throughout the week.
- Junior infants should read a minimum of three pages per day.
- Begin reading your fourth reader and revise it until Friday.
- Senior infants should read a minimum of five pages per day.
Lunch - Eat lunch and head outside for a run around
Rhyming (Work pack B)
Rhyming words have the same end sound e.g. goat, boat or bat, cat. An awareness of rhyme is also important for reading and writing.
Emphasize the end sound of each word as you read it e.g. bAT, pEG, sAT.
Develop your child's awareness of rhyme using the 'Body parts game' as explained in Tuesday's learning plan.
Practise this skill using Grover's rhyme time game
1. Find the second rhyming worksheet in 2. Circle or dot the correct rhyming word
work pack B. in each row.
Gather some recyclable materials and let's make a HOUSE!
- Position any open flaps into an arc shape to act as a roof. Stick these together and cover with tinfoil. Otherwise form a roof by folding
paper, tinfoil or cardboard and sticking it down.
- Seal any further open flaps using sellotape or masking tape.
- Paint the box, if you wish and allow it to dry
- Draw features for the house on paper e.g. windows, door, chimney etc. and cut these out.
- Secure the features using glue or sellotape.
Milk carton house Cereal box house
Toilet roll house
Please provide feedback on today's learning Parent's Daily Feedback. All responses are anonymous.
Parents and guardians can take pictures of the children's work and forward them to the School email address . I will correct any work and provide feedback via the Aladdin App noticeboard.