Maidin mhaith daoibh. Fuair mé pictiúir de phaistí cé a bhfuil ag obair go dian agus táim an bródúil asaibh go leir. Treise libh! Ní chreidim go bhfuil sibh ach Naíonáin Sóisir agus Naíonáin Shinsearacha!! :D
Good morning everyone. I have received pictures of students working hard and I am so very proud of you all! Keep up the great effort! I can't believe you are only in Junior and Senior infants!! :D
Get grooving with this morning warm up GoNoodle - Poppin' bubbles
On Tuesday and Thursday morning we engage in a few minutes of mindfulness, where we focus on breathing and stretching.
Try some of this yoga adventure Arnold the ant.
Revise the vocabulary for this week An Bosca Éadaigh.
Watch today's activity An Líne éadaigh.
- Make your own washing line or use an existing one
- Tell your child which item to hang using the same phrase as heard in the video "Croch suas do ______" which means "Hang your ______"
or simply name the item e.g. "T-léine".
- The children can have a race with their siblings, parents or guardians.
Complete this counting activity
Junior infants worksheet:
1. Using a pencil, match each big 2. Colour the pictures.
animal to the small animal.
Senior infants group 1 and group 2 worksheet
1. Find the 'Analysis of number' 2. Write the number of counters above each
3. Count how many counters there are
altogether in each row.
Fruit break - Have some fruit and take a break
Please revise yesterday's phonic lesson
Pause the video at various points to seek answers or a response from your child. Each student should practice reading the 'oa' words in the video.
Build 'oa' words using Forest phonics. Junior infants will need help from an adult and Senior infants should aim to play independently.
Junior infants worksheet :
Make a list of three to four 'oa' words and help your child to spell each or allow them to copy your writing. Draw a picture for each word.
Senior infants have been split into group 1 and group 2 and have received different worksheets as a result.
Senior infants worksheet group 1:
1. Read the story of Coach and Sloan 2. Summarise the story into a beginning, middle
again. and end.
Write one or two sentences for each.
3. Build the 'oa' words. Cross each 4. Read the 'oa' words and colour the
word out when you use it. pictures.
Senior infants group 2:
1. Find the 'oa' sentence writing template 2. Revise the 'oa' words from your worksheet
in work pack B.
3. Put each 'oa' word into a short sentence.
Junior infants : Teach new 'So' and 'My'
Revise all the pink tricky words so far by playing 'Go fish'.
Each player should be dealt five cards and the students should aim to collect the most pairs
Senior infants :
Revise all your tricky word balls.
Begin reading your first reader with your adult.
- Junior infants should read a minimum of three pages a day.
- Senior infants should read a minimum of five pages a day.
Senior infants should move on to their second reader.
Lunch - Eat lunch and head outside for a run around
Syllables (Work pack B)
Check out Wednesday's post to revise the Explanation and strategies for syllables
1. Find the second syllables worksheet in 2. Circle or dot the correct number of syllables
work pack B. in each word.
Use your preferred strategy to decipher
the correct amount of syllables in each
Grab one of those odd socks from the pile and let's make a SOCK MONSTER!
- Scrunch up pages of newspaper to form three or four large balls.
- Put these balls inside your odd sock to act as stuffing.
- Fold or tie the top of the sock as you wish.
- Stick on junk art materials that you have lying around such as googly eyes, buttons, feathers etc.
- Draw on features and decorate your monster.
Please provide feedback on today's learning Parent's Daily Feedback. All responses are anonymous.
Parents and guardians can take pictures of the children's work and forward them to the School email address . I will correct any work and provide feedback via the Aladdin App noticeboard.