Use this morning warm up Go Noodle - Run the red carpet to get those minds and bodies moving!
On Tuesday and Thursday morning we engage in a few minutes of mindfulness, where we focus on breathing and stretching.
Control your breathing using Bee breath.
We are looking at the story of 'The three little pigs' this week. Please watch the lesson Na Trí Mhuicín.
Follow the link to access the Luascartaí. Practice the vocabulary by clicking the flashcard and displaying the picture.
- Students should repeat each term as it is introduced.
- Students and parents should assign a simple action to each word.
- Play the matching game by clicking the 'match' icon in the left hand column
Listen to and practise our poem Seo í an fhuinneog
Complete the following physical counting exercises. The students must count out loud as they move.
- 10 jumping jacks
- Marching on the spot for 15
- 5 hula hoops in one direction and 7 hula hoops in the other (hip circles)
- Hoping on your right foot for 8
- Hoping on your left foot for 8
- Hit the sky above your head for 15
- Crouch down on your hunkers and count backwards from 10 to 1 and jump up at *BLAST OFF*
Junior infants worksheet:
1. Find the 'Add' maths worksheet. 2. Count the number of items in each set.
using your finger.
Read each number sentence aloud
e.g. 1 + 1 = 2
3. Trace each number and colour the pictures.
Senior infants group 1 and group 2 worksheet
1. Find the 'Add' worksheet.
Fill in the missing numbers in each sum.
FRUIT BREAK - Grab some fruit and take a break.
Junior and Senior infants have different phonics this week.
Please revise yesterday's phonic lesson.
Listen to the jolly phonics song for 'ng' at 7:41. Press your weights above your head and say "ng".
Pause the video at various points to seek answers or a response from your child. Each student should practice reading the /ng/ words in the video.
Build /ng/ words using Forest phonics Junior infants will need help from an adult.
Junior infants worksheet :
Make a list of three to four /ng/ words and help your child to spell each or allow them to copy your writing. Draw a picture for each word.
Senior infants have been split into group 1 and group 2 and have received different worksheets as a result.
Please watch /ue/ words
Listen to the jolly phonics song for /ue/ at 11:19
Build /ue/ words using Forest phonics. Senior infants should aim to play independently.
Senior infants worksheet group 1:
1. Read the story of 'The Rescue' 2. Summarise the story into a beginning, middle
again. and end.
Write one or two sentences for each.
3. Build the /ue/ words. Cross each 4. Read the /ue/ words and colour the
word out when you use it. pictures.
Senior infants group 2:
1. Find the /ue/ sentence writing template 2. Revise the /ue/ words from your worksheet
in work pack B.
3. Put each /ue/' word into a short sentence.
Junior infants : Teach new 'Old' and 'Only'
Revise all the pink and blue tricky words so far by playing Go fish.
Go Fish card game tutorial
Each player should be dealt five cards and the students should aim to collect the most pairs.
Senior infants :
Revise all your tricky word balls.
- Revise your first reader until Wednesday.
- Junior infants should read a minimum of three pages per day.
- Revise three of your four readers this week.
- Senior Infants may engage in shared reading this week. The student reads five pages, then the parent/guardian reads five pages etc.
LUNCH - Eat some lunch and exercise outside.
Syllables (Work pack B)
Junior infants only today.
Here is a website for checking the amount of syllables within a word.
1. Find the third syllables worksheet in
work pack B.
Use your preferred strategy to decipher
the correct amount of syllables in each
Circle or dot the correct number of syllables
Rhymes (Work pack B)
Senior infants groups 1 and 2 only today.
1. Find the first rhyming worksheet in
work pack B.
Circle or dot the correct rhyming word in
Please provide feedback on today's learning. Daily Parent Feedback
Parents and guardians can take pictures of the children's work and forward them to the School email address . I will correct any work and provide feedback via the Aladdin App noticeboard.